jueves, enero 24, 2008

Calurosas y ruidosas noches de verano


Just to make it different, this time I will use English to write my post. Do not misunderstand, this is just a result of a boring and extremely hot summer that may be burning my neurons nowadays. You don't need to use English to comment, this is just another crazy idea rounding my mind and sorry if it will make it difficult for you.

This summer is becoming so hot again. I remember that last year I was complaining on the same thing. This is my second summer after I moved to my new appartment and now I am suffering some of the consequences of living in a high floor and just over an increasingly busy street. Due to the insufferable hot weather in the night, I had to start sleeping with the balcony door fully open. I think it was by mid-December or so... because the hot temperature at 1:00am, 2:00am or even later in the night definitely made impossible for me to sleep with closed windows.

Fortunately, my appartement is South-East oriented which means that it is not directly exposed to the sun burning rays during the day. It gets into my bedroom through a rear windowd for around 15 or 20 minutes at 6pm more/less. Enough to turn the evening into a furnace which heat will last for hours.

Opening the window during the night has shown opposite results. I have to admit it got to decrease the temperature inside the bedroom. However... another trouble was unveiled: I live in a noisy street! Believe it or not, I have been waking up around 4am due to the noisy -I have no doubt about how exciting they must be- and speedy car races around just the streets where I use to live. I have just realized that the quiet neighborhood that I chose to nail my flag in has became a car racetrack. Well, it just happened that the street was widen recently (I think the authorities were intending to make it easier for the increasing population around whith more and more existing and under-construction high buildings), so suddenly what is used to be a small and narrow street mutated into a wide avenue.

Too bad. Seems that all those frustrated eliseos are coming to my street every night to race. And to noise my heated nights of summer...

Worst part is that I am frankly considering to join them someday. Not to blame nor slap them... but to enjoy what seems to be so funny!! If you can't fight them, join them!

4 comentarios:

Valparaisina dijo...

No dejò de ser un buen ejercicio para mi deprimido inglès leer tu post... con respecto al tema: me pasa lo mismo con las calurosas noches de verano que aquì en rancagua son tanto o más desagradables que en Santiago, aunque en vez de u molestia con los autos, los tacos y las carreras, tienen que ver con la batalla contra los zancudos precordilleranos de machalì.
BESOS

ALEC dijo...

Gracias a la única que se dio el trabajo de responder mi poco considerado post. Y disculpen los demás por la exclusión... producto del momentáneo aburrimiento.
Gracias de nuevo, Andre.

Manuel dijo...

I read your post and I must say your English is great!.. is that you sleeping on the floor in the picture? I guess it must have been a deadly hot summer... but you survived it!!...

Regards!

Manuel dijo...

oh I almost forgot: I changed the link to my blog, please change it in your profile too! Thanks!